As we welcome you back from lockdown 5.0, we return with a major giveaway!
Swipe your members card at the kiosk for your chance to
WIN a 5 night luxury Houseboat Holiday for up to 10 people, departing Mildura.
This prize is worth $4,400!
To gain extra entries, use your members card when purchasing food or beverages and your tickets will print when you next swipe at the kiosk.
10 weekly finalists will be drawn every Tuesday and Friday nights from 7:30pm. These finalists will go into the major draw to be held on Monday 20th September.
If you are present on the Tuesday or Friday night and your name is drawn, you instantly win 1000 bonus points.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Promotion starts at 9am on Monday 26 July 2021 and ends at 8pm on Friday 17 September 2021 (Promotion Period). Only available to members of the membership program administered by Ballarat Golf Club aged 18 years and over during the Promotion Period. Limit of 1 swipe per day on kiosk, 5 entries per day with food and beverage purchases. See in venue and the website for full terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
BGC HOUSEBOAT T&CS
- Information on how to enter and prize information form part of these conditions of entry (Conditions of Entry).
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The entrant is responsible for ensuring their familiarity with the Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to an entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
- All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Conditions of Entry, even if the Promoter only learns of an entrant’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded the Prize to the ineligible entrant. Return of the Prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Conditions of Entry and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The playing of a gaming machine does not enable you to enter or participate in this promotion.
- The Promoter warrants that participation in the Promotion does not require the entrant to agree to receive any gaming machine advertising (as defined in section 5.7.5(3) of the Gambling Regulation Act2003 (Vic) (the GRA)).
- The Promoter is Ballarat Golf Club 1800 Sturt Street Alfredton 3350, ABN 49867479929
- The Venue is Ballarat Golf Club 1800 Sturt Street Alfredton 3350 (the Venue)
- The Promotion will commence at 9:00 AEDT on Monday 26th July 2021 and conclude at 19:00 AEDT on Friday 17th September 2021.
WHO CAN ENTER (ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS)
- Entry into the Promotion is only open to Australian residents, aged 18 years and over and who are members of the Diamond Rewards program at the Ballarat Golf Club, as provided further in these Terms and Conditions, but exclude:
a. Contractors of the Promoter, related entities, and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of the Major Prize).
b. Management, employees, directors, spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of any employee.
c. Members who are currently excluded (whether it be self-excluded or otherwise) from the venue or any part of the venue in which the promotion is taking place.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. purchase any food or beverage item; or
b. swipe their membership card at the kiosk: and
- Eligible Entrants may print a maximum of six (6) Qualifying Entries per day from the kiosk. This consists of one entry per day on swiping of the venue membership kiosk and a limit of 5 entries per day via the venue point-of-sale.
- Entry is at the venue only.
- Copied entries will not be accepted.
- The barrel will be emptied of all qualifying entries at the completion of each Friday night draw.
- The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism.
- Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or incorrect entries are not eligible to win.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s barrel and not the time of transmission by the Eligible Entrant.
- If the Promoter requests, Eligible Entrants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter at its absolute discretion appropriate photo identification or other documentation required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, and eligibility to enter the Promotion.
- If the Eligible Entrant is not able to be present on the Giveaway Night they may appoint a friend or relative to act as a proxy on their behalf. If the Eligible Entrant is unable to find a friend or relative to act as a proxy
they can ask a representative of the Club to act as their proxy on their behalf (Eligible Proxy).
- The Major Prize will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements of the Promoter being met to its absolute satisfaction. In the event that the Eligible Entrant or Eligible Proxy cannot provide suitable validation or verification, they will forfeit the Major Prize and no substitute will be offered.
- In order to claim the Major Prize, the Major Prize winner will be required to sign a Promotion participation agreement on terms determined by the Promoter, including but not limited to:
a. confirming their eligibility to enter the Promotion and compliance with these Conditions of Entry; and
b. providing a release and indemnity in favour of the Promoter in respect of their participation in the Promotion and the Major Prize; and
c. allowing the Promoter to use photographs for its own use and the use of the provider of the Major Prize’s use.
PRIZE INFORMATION AND WINNER DETERMINATION
- The Major Prize is a 5 night Houseboat Holiday on Pure Paradise for up to 10 people, departing Mildura.
- Weekly entrant draws for the Giveaway Night will be held every Tuesday and Friday nights following each Members Draw from 7:30pm. The
promoter will draw 5 qualifying entries out of the barrel on each evening totaling 80 Gala Night entrants (Qualifying Entrants).
- The 80 Giveaway Night entrants will receive 1000 bonus points if they are present at the time of their draw, in addition to an invitation to the Major Giveaway Night to be held on Monday 20th September, 2021.
- The Mini Giveaway prize consists of the following:
a. Maximum of $800 worth of bonus points (60 x 1000 points, only if present on the night)
- The Major Giveaway Night prizes consist of the following:
a. 20% off food and beverage bill for all dining in the Bistro
b. 9 x $50 bistro vouchers for 9 minor prize winners
c. The Major Prize
- The Major Giveaway Night barrel draw will open at 7:15pm on Monday 20th September, 2021 and close at 8:15pm Monday 20th September, 2021.
- The minor draw to determine the final 10 Qualifying Entrants will be drawn at 8:30pm. Each Qualifying Entrant drawn will choose a balloon to stand behind.
- This process will eliminate up to 70 Qualifying Entrants.
- From 8:30pm AEST the Major Prize will be drawn.
- The 10 remaining Qualifying Entrants, at the same time, will pop their chosen balloon. The Qualifying Entrant standing behind the balloon that pops colourful confetti will win the major prize.
- The 9 remaining Qualifying Entrants will win a $50 bistro voucher.
- The promoter is not responsible for any ancillary costs of redeeming The Major Prize (such as, accommodation or travel insurance).
- The Major Prize winner must collect the Major Prize from the Venue.
- Any costs incurred in collection of the Major Prize are the sole responsibility of the Major Prize winner.
- The Major Prize must be collected by 5pm on Friday 8th October, 2021.
- Should the Major Prize be unavailable for any reason, The Promoter reserves the right to provide a prize of equal or higher value.
NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNER
- The Major Prize winner/proxy must be present at the Giveaway Night to accept the Major Prize.
- The Major Prize winner’s details will be published on the Venue website from the next business day after confirmation with the prize winner of their win, for a period of at least 28 days after their respective prize win dates.
- The Major Prize must be booked between 1st May 2022 and 15th September 2022, subject to availability.
- The Major Prize will be provided by Mildura Houseboats, 91 Etiwanda Avenue, Mildura VIC 3500.
- Additional Terms & Conditions provided by Mildura Houseboats are attached (Appendix 1).
- If more than one person attempts to claim the Major Prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the winning entrant is.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Major Prize from the time of printing Promotion materials.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for the Major Prize being lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way after it has been released to the winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available, or that the Promoter’s Venue will be open, at all times during the Promotion Period.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, due to VOVID-19 and associated lockdowns, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning or receiving the benefit of the Major Prize.
- The Major Prize winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in any and all Promotion activities (such as publicity and photography) relating to the winning of the Major Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material.
- When an Eligible Entrant submits any materials for the Promotion, the entrant, grants the Promoter, and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such materials for any purpose without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Eligible Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
- Eligible Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for their submissions. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such content to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All information provided by entrants will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this Promotion and contacting and verifying the winner and awarding the Prize.
- The Promoter may disclose entrants’ Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion and as required, and to Australian regulatory authorities.
- If an entrant does not provide accurate information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the Prize.
- The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012) as well as any other applicable laws.
- Except for any implied condition or warranty (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee) the exclusion of which from these Terms and Conditions would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void (“Non Excludable Condition”), the Promoter excludes from these Terms and Conditions all conditions, warranties and terms, implied by statute, general law or custom. Except for any liability in relation to a Non Excludable Condition, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, contractors and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss, damage, cost, expense, damage or claim suffered, sustained or incurred (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising either directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Promotion or the Prize, including (without limitation) the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter)
due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax implications; (f) the cancellation or postponement of an event which constitutes the prize; and/or (g) the Prize or use of the Prize
- The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or ineligible entries.
- The Promoter
- All Prize values are in Australian dollars. Promotional pictures may not represent the actual prize.
- Any further enquiries should be directed to the Promoter.
- The laws of the state of Victoria govern the Promotion
Terms and Conditions – Charity purchases and donations
- The winner of the voucher is to be notified to Mildura Houseboats (Phone: 03 5024 7770) on the next working day after the event. The voucher is not transferrable. The voucher owner should contact Mildura Houseboats to arrange suitable dates for their holiday. These dates are for the off peak period but will always exclude Victorian school and public holiday weekends.
- A security bond in cash or credit card is payable on arrival. The bond is $1000 for all houseboats. This bond is doubled for all male or all female crews. The bond is fully refundable (within 5 days after the end of hire), when the boat is returned on time, clean and in good condition. Fuels and incidental costs are usually taken out of the bond. Any damage will be taken out of the bond at cost.
- Bookings are accepted on the understanding that we will do all in our power to ensure the boat is available at that time. Should it be unavailable due to mechanical breakdown, unusual river conditions or other unforeseen circumstance, the holiday will be rescheduled. The company is not obligated to compensate the user for loss of time due to mechanical problems.
- The houseboat stay should be booked for a time prior to the expiration of the voucher. Vouchers are not transferrable, and cannot be extended. Should a booking be cancelled by the winner, Mildura Houseboats is under no obligation to re-schedule.
- The number of people on board is limited to the number of berths by law. At least half of the members of the crew must be responsible persons over 21 years of age with a driver's licence of at least green P plate status. The boat must be driven in daylight hours only. No pets,
(except on specific houseboats by prior arrangement, conditions apply), no firearms, no driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. No smoking while on board any houseboat, a $200 cleaning fee will apply if this is not adhered to. Similarly, if the barbecue is left dirty, there will be a $50 cleaning fee.
- An insurance waiver will be offered on boarding. This is purely optional. If it is not offered you may request to pay the insurance waiver. The amount is $45 per night, this limits the hirer to a maximum of $500 payable for damage to the houseboat in the case of an insurable incident. Otherwise the insurance excess payable is $2,500. This excludes minor breakages and damage under $500, and wilful or negligent damage. These are to be paid for by the hirer. The decision on wilful or negligent damage will be made by houseboat management.
- The fuel tank will be full on boarding. Fuel used including diesel, unleaded and gas will be charged on your return. Fuel costs are usually approximately 40c higher than service station rates due to our delivery and infrastructure costs. We also charge an environmental waste disposal fee of $15 per night. This contributes towards septic tank pump out and disposal, rubbish removal and recycling costs.
- Hire will commence at 3.00pm the first day and the boat is to be returned by 9.30am and disembarked by 10am on the last day.
- The management reserve the right to refuse or terminate any hire without stating the grounds for refusal or termination, or to convert a hire to a static hire should the crew be deemed to be incompetent drivers after sufficient instruction by our staff.